A Sacramento woman credits the quick thinking of an 11 year old boy and his dog’s strong sense of smell with helping to save her house from destruction from a fire.
Stacey Bass says that this is her worst nightmare coming true when talking to reporters from the local news. The fire in her home destroyed a part of her home in including the garage and her car. She said that she lost several sentimental family heirlooms in the fire.
She said that the loss could have been a lot worse had it not been for her 11 year old neighbor, David, who saved the day with his quick thinking.
David said that it was his dog, Chewy, who let him know that something just wasn’t right. He said that Chewy was begging to go outside. David thought his dog just wanted to go for a walk. When David walked outside he saw a lot of white smoke, and he said that seemed suspicious.
David’s mother called 911 and the fire department was able to get there quickly and put out the fire before more damage could be done.